How to install the NOW app on Android devices
You can watch NOW on most Android devices running 5.0 or later, just as long as they were bought in the UK and are in their original state.
How to watch NOW on your Android tablet or smartphone
Step 1: Download the app
You'll need to download our app to watch NOW on your Android device:
- Go to Google Play (or AppGallery on some Huawei devices).
- Search for the NOW app.
- Install it.
You might just need to deactivate the Vibrant Colour feature. Just head to Settings, select Display and Vibrant Colour Display, and set it to Off.
If you're seeing an error message on your OnePlus device saying, Viewing Stopped. Something's gone wrong. If the problem persists, contact Online Support team. PLAYBACK_CODEC_DECODING_ERROR, turning off Vibrant Colour and restarting the NOW app should fix it.
Step 2: Sign in
- Already a NOW Member? - Simply open the app and sign in with your NOW username and password. Be sure to enter your password carefully, as it’s case sensitive.
- Not a NOW Member yet? - Head here to join in.
Step 3: Sit back and start watching
Find something to watch – whether it’s an epic blockbuster, an award-winning box set or a big match.
To watch NOW in the best quality on your tablet or smartphone, you’ll need:
Operating system: 5.0 or higher
Processor: 1.0 GHz or higher
Memory: 1GB RAM
Screen resolution: 480x800
Eye-tracking features: Should be disabled
No. On an Android device, you will need to use the NOW app.
If you’re having a few issues running the NOW app on your Android tablet or smartphone, it could be because:
- your device has been modified or rooted – even if this was done by the manufacturer
- you bought your device outside of the UK
- your device is running Android 4.0 which is no longer supported (if possible, please update to 5.0 or later).
- it’s a Kindle Fire HD device (not supported).