Get NOW TV on Apple TV
If you've got an Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K device, you can download the new, improved NOW TV app and enjoy Entertainment, Sky Cinema, Kids and hayu Passes, plus Sky Sports Day and Month Passes and NOW TV Boost.
Got an older 2nd or 3rd gen Apple TV device? These devices don't support the new NOW TV app, which means that if you don't already have the old app, you won't be able to download it or create an account. But if you're already using it, you can continue to do so. (Note that hayu and Sky Sports Month Passes aren’t available on these devices.)
I've got Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
Already got a NOW TV account?
You're all set! Simply download the new NOW TV app and sign in with your existing account details.
Watching NOW TV on Apple TV but don't have a NOW TV account yet?
If you bought your Passes through iTunes, you'll need to create a NOW TV account before you can switch over to the new app and enjoy your Passes there.
Keep in mindYou'll need to do this before deleting the old app and switching over to the new one, or you won't be able to access your existing Passes.
Just follow these steps:
- Sign out of the NOW TV app on your gen 4 Apple TV device.
- Create a NOW TV account by following the 'How to register' instructions in the box below.
- Now sign back in to the app, this time using your NOW TV account details. This will link your accounts.
- Download the new NOW TV app from your Apple TV App Store and sign in with the same details.
Brand new to NOW TV?
You'll need a NOW TV account before you can start using the new app. Just head over to NOWTV.com and buy a Pass or start a free trial. Enter your details, including payment info, to create your account. Then download the app from your Apple TV App Store, sign in with your NOW TV account details and you're ready to start watching.
I've got Apple TV 2nd or 3rd gen
If you’re already up and running with NOW TV on your 2nd or 3rd gen device, you can continue to use our old app to buy Passes with your Apple ID which will be billed through your iTunes account (but you won't be able to download the new app). We recommend you create a NOW TV account (see the steps below) so you can buy Passes and manage your account through My Account and watch on any other supported device as well as on Apple TV.
Until you've got a NOW TV account, you'll only be able to watch your Passes on Apple TV.
Good to knowWe no longer support 2nd & 3rd gen Apple TV. So if you've already got NOW TV on your 2nd/3rd gen device, you can continue to watch it, but you won't be able to download it if you're a new member.
How to register your account with NOW TV
Here's how to create a NOW TV account without buying extra Passes:
- Head over to NOWTV.com, pick a Pass and start a free trial.
- Enter your details, including payment info.
- Once you've completed sign-up, go to the Passes & vouchers area of My Account. Hit Cancel Pass or Manage Pass next to the Pass you've just started a trial for, and follow the steps.
- We'll send a cancellation confirmation to the email address you signed up with. You'll still be able to enjoy your 7-day free trial, but when it ends, you won't be charged.
Now just sign out of the app on your Apple TV device, sign back in with your new account details, and your accounts will be linked, letting you:
- watch all your Passes on any supported device – not just on Apple TV
- manage your account and devices in My Account – including setting up a Parental PIN, which you'll need if you want to watch some live channels
- buy and manage Passes through your NOW TV account as well as via iTunes, should you want to.
Yes, you can – you'll just need to have a NOW TV account, as explained above.
You can then sign in with your NOW TV account details to watch on your iPhone or iPad using the NOW TV app, or on any of our other supported devices. You’ll also be able to remove and rename your devices in the Devices area of My Account.
You can register up to 6 devices, and watch on 2 at the same time. Find out more about managing your devices
If you've got the new NOW TV app on Apple TV gen 4 or later, you can watch in full HD with NOW TV Boost, but Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound is not available.
On the old app, and on 2nd and 3rd gen Apple TV, Boost isn't available at all.
Simply sign in to the app with your NOW TV account details, and you should be able to watch all your Passes.
Just follow these steps:
- Sign out of your gen 2/3 Apple TV device.
- Create a NOW TV account by following the 'How to register' instructions above.
- Sign back in to the app on your gen 2/3 Apple TV using your NOW TV account details. This will link your accounts.
- Now sign in to the app on your HD/4K Apple TV with the same details.
Any iTunes-billed Passes you had on your old Apple TV device will now be available on your new one.
If you’re getting the error message, ‘We’ve run into a problem – Cannot connect to iTunes Store’, there’s a payment issue and you’ll need to contact Apple. To find out how, head over to the Apple TV support site.
If you bought your Pass on your Apple TV, you’ll be billed through iTunes so you’ll need to head to iTunes to manage your Passes, too. Here’s how:
On a PC or Mac:
Open iTunes, head to Account, then select View My Account. Find Subscriptions, then select Manage.
On iOS – iPhone, iPad or iPod
Open Settings, tap the name at the top of the list and select iTunes & App Store. Tap the email/Apple ID at the top of the list, then select View Apple ID. Tap Subscriptions to manage any NOW TV Passes.
For more help, head over to the Apple support site.