Get NOW on Apple TV
If you've got an Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K device, you can download the new, improved NOW app and enjoy your Entertainment, Cinema, Kids and hayu Membership, plus Sports Day and Month Membership and NOW Boost.
Got an older 2nd or 3rd gen Apple TV device? These devices don't support the new NOW app, which means that if you don't already have the old app, you won't be able to download it or create an account. But if you're already using it, you can continue to do so. (Note that hayu and Sports Month Membership options aren’t available on these devices.)
I've got Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
Already a NOW Member?
You're all set! Simply download the new NOW app and sign in with your existing account details.
Watching NOW on Apple TV but don't have a NOW account yet?
If you bought your NOW Membership through iTunes, you'll need to create a NOW account before you can switch over to the new app and enjoy your membership there.
Keep in mindYou'll need to do this before deleting the old app and switching over to the new one, or you won't be able to access your existing membership.
Just follow these steps:
- Sign out of the NOW app on your gen 4 Apple TV device.
- Create a NOW account by following the 'How to register' instructions in the box below.
- Now sign back in to the app, this time using your NOW account details. This will link your accounts.
- Download the new NOW app from your Apple TV App Store and sign in with the same details.
Brand new to NOW?
You'll need a NOW account before you can start using the new app. Just head over to NOWTV.com/membership, choose a membership and enter your details, including payment info, to create your account. Then download the app from your Apple TV App Store, sign in with your NOW account details and you're ready to start watching.
I've got Apple TV 2nd or 3rd gen
If you’re already up and running with NOW on your 2nd or 3rd gen device, you can continue to use our old app to add membership options with your Apple ID which will be billed through your iTunes account (but you won't be able to download the new app). We recommend you create a NOW account (see the steps below) so you can manage your membership and your account through My Account and watch on any other supported device as well as on Apple TV.
Until you've got a NOW account, you'll only be able to enjoy your membership on Apple TV.
Good to knowWe no longer support 2nd & 3rd gen Apple TV. So if you've already got NOW on your 2nd/3rd gen device, you can continue to watch it, but you won't be able to download it if you're a new member.
How to register your account with NOW
Here's how to create a NOW account without paying for another membership:
1. Head over to NOWTV.com/membership, choose an Entertainment, Cinema, hayu or Kids Membership and start a free trial.
2. Enter your details, including payment info.
3. Once you've completed sign-up, go to the NOW Membership area of My Account. Hit Cancel membership next to the one you've just started a trial for, and follow the steps.
4. We'll send a cancellation confirmation to the email address you signed up with. You'll still be able to enjoy your 7-day free trial, but when it ends, you won't be charged.
Now just sign out of the app on your Apple TV device, sign back in with your new account details, and your accounts will be linked, letting you:
- Watch on any supported device – not just on Apple TV
- Manage your membership through your NOW account as well as via iTunes, should you want to.
Yes, you can – you'll just need to have a NOW account, as explained above.
You can then sign in with your NOW account details to watch on your iPhone or iPad using the NOW app, or on any of our other supported devices. You’ll also be able to remove and rename your devices in the Devices area of My Account.
You can register up to 6 devices, and watch on 2 at the same time. Find out more about managing your devices
If you've got the new NOW app on Apple TV gen 4 or later, you can watch in full HD with NOW Boost, but Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound is not available.
On the old app, and on 2nd and 3rd gen Apple TV, Boost isn't available at all.
Simply sign in to the app with your NOW account details, and you'll be able to enjoy your NOW Membership on your Apple TV.
Just follow these steps:
- Sign out of your gen 2/3 Apple TV device.
- Create a NOW account by following the 'How to register' instructions above.
- Sign back in to the app on your gen 2/3 Apple TV using your NOW account details. This will link your accounts.
- Now sign in to the app on your HD/4K Apple TV with the same details.
Any iTunes-billed membership you had on your old Apple TV device will now be available on your new one.
If you’re getting the error message, ‘We’ve run into a problem – Cannot connect to iTunes Store’, there’s a payment issue and you’ll need to contact Apple. To find out how, head over to the Apple TV support site.
If you added your NOW Membership via your Apple TV, you’ll be billed through iTunes so you’ll need to head to iTunes to manage your membership, too. Here’s how:
On a PC or Mac:
Open iTunes, head to Account, then select View My Account. Find Subscriptions, then select Manage.
On iOS – iPhone, iPad or iPod
Open Settings, tap the name at the top of the list and select iTunes & App Store. Tap the email/Apple ID at the top of the list, then select View Apple ID. Tap Subscriptions to manage your NOW Membership.
For more help, head over to the Apple support site.