GDPR and NOW
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European law that came into effect on 25 May 2018. It governs how organisations handle people’s information and sets out the requirements they must comply with. It also outlines the rights people have over their information and how it’s used.
What data does NOW hold about me?
When you become a NOW Member, you agree to both our terms and conditions and our privacy and cookies notice. Have a read of these if you want to find out more about what information we hold about you and how we use and share your data.
If, after reading these policies, there’s something specific you want to do, check out the FAQs below.
Just log in to the Personal details section of My Account to view your details. If you need to update your mobile number or email address, you can do that here.
- To update your payment card, head over to Payment details.
- To change your name or title, you’ll need to get in touch.
- If you're a BT customer and you need to update your details, see the BT info here.
We use information about the products you’ve bought and the shows you’ve watched to make your NOW experience more relevant to you. For example, we might show you tailored recommendations for movies or TV shows you might like to watch.
Marketing communications that you can opt out of include:
- Tailored marketing or advertising – Opting out of this means the advertising you see when you watch NOW won’t be tailored for you – it’ll simply be generic. It also means we won’t send you any personalised marketing – for example, we wouldn’t send you offers for a type of membership we know you’ve had before. To opt out of personalised marketing, send an email to email@example.com from the email address that's registered to your NOW account.
- Marketing messages – We tell you about the latest movies, sports and entertainment, as well as special offers, to help you make the most of NOW. If you don’t want to receive these messages, find out how to unsubscribe.