What is NOW TV Boost?
NOW TV Boost is the way to enjoy sports, movies and shows with better picture and sound quality than ever before on NOW TV.
Not only that, but Boost also lets you stream on 3 devices at once instead of the usual 2. All for just £3 a month.
What do I get with NOW TV Boost?
- Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, plus selected shows and movies, in 1080p video quality instead of the usual 720p.
- Smoother sporting action: Two Sky Sports channels – Main Event and Premier League – are available at 50 frames per second (except on LG TV).
- Awesome audio: Got a surround sound speaker system or soundbar? Boost lets you enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1.
- An extra stream: Another handy benefit is that you get to stream on 3 devices at the same time. Perfect for families that can’t agree on what to watch!
Keep in mindYou’ll need a minimum internet speed of 12Mbps to stream in 1080p.
How do I get NOW TV Boost?
Already got a Pass?
To add Boost, just head over to the Passes & vouchers area of My Account, and select Start free trial (or Buy now if you’ve only got a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass).
New to NOW TV?
To buy NOW TV Boost alongside a Sky Sports Pass, head over to NOWTV.com/boost and choose your Day, Week or Month Pass bundle. If you select a Month Pass, you can get a 7-day free trial of Boost.
If you want to get a free trial of Boost with a Sky Cinema Pass or Entertainment Pass, you'll first need to buy your Pass (or start a free trial) by going to TV Passes.
You can then add Boost by going to the Passes & vouchers area of My Account and selecting Start free trial.
Keep in mindYou won’t be able to get NOW TV Boost if you’ve only got a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass, or if you only have Passes you pay for via a third party such as iTunes or Vodafone.
- A device that supports Boost (see the list below)
- An HD TV
- An Entertainment, Sky Cinema or Kids Pass or a Sky Sports Day, Week or Month Pass bought from NOW TV (Boost isn’t available with Passes that you buy through a third party, like iTunes or Vodafone)
- A minimum internet speed of 12Mbps
- Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound speakers or sound bar, for the optimal audio experience.
You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of NOW TV Boost:
- NOW TV Smart Stick
- Any NOW TV Box except the white box
- Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
- A supported Samsung TV
- LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available).
You can watch all of the following in 1080p with NOW TV Boost:
- All the Sky Sports channels – plus, you can watch Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League at 50fps
- All the live Sky Cinema channels, plus all on-demand movies
- All the live Entertainment channels except Fox, plus selected box sets
- All the live Kids channels except Cartoonito and Nicktoons, which aren’t in HD, plus limited on-demand kids' episodes.
hayu box sets aren’t currently available in HD.
Yes, you can. The extra streaming allowance you get with Boost applies across all devices, not just the ones that support Boost.
Once you’ve got NOW TV Boost, if a show is available in HD you’ll be able to see the HD and 5.1 symbols next to it:
Most new shows and movies we add to the Entertainment and Sky Cinema Passes will be available in HD, and we’ll be working hard to upgrade what’s already there, too, so keep checking back to see if the show you want is in HD yet.
If you’ve got an Entertainment, Sky Cinema or Kids Pass, or a Sky Sports Month Pass, you can start a free 7-day trial of NOW TV Boost whenever you fancy. Just head over to the Passes & vouchers area of My Account, and select Start free trial. Your free trial will cover all your active Passes, including any Sky Sports Day or Week Passes you've got.
If you’ve only got a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass and no other Passes, you won’t be eligible for a free trial but you can add NOW TV Boost for just £3 a month. Head to Passes & vouchers and hit the Buy now button.
Keep in mindYou won’t be able to get NOW TV Boost if you’ve only got a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass, or if you’re billed for your Passes by a third party such as iTunes or Vodafone.
If you've got a soundbar or surround sound system, you'll just need to make sure your device is set up correctly to benefit from Dolby Digital 5.1 sound quality. Find out how to adjust your audio settings
If you've bought NOW TV Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added Boost. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW TV app and signing back in again.
If you bought Boost via your Smart Stick, Box, smart TV or PS4, your account will update straight away and you won't need to do anything.
That depends on what Passes you’ve got.
As long as you’ve got an active Month Pass, your NOW TV Boost will renew automatically each month unless you cancel it. You can cancel at any time in exactly the same way as you’d cancel any of your Passes, by going to Passes & vouchers.
If you’ve only got a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass on your account, your NOW TV Boost will only run for one month, and won’t auto renew – so you don’t need to remember to cancel it.
If you cancel your last Month Pass (unless it’s one you pay for through a third party, like iTunes), we’ll automatically cancel your NOW TV Boost for you as well.