What is NOW Boost?
NOW Boost is the way to enjoy sports, movies and shows with better picture and sound quality than ever before on NOW.
Not only that, but Boost also lets you stream on 3 devices at once instead of the usual 2. All for just £3 a month.
What do I get with NOW Boost?
- Full HD: Watch all the Sky Sports channels, plus selected shows and movies, in 1080p video quality instead of the usual 720p.
- Smoother sporting action: 6 Sky Sports channels – Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf – are available at 50 frames per second (except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV).
- Awesome audio: Got a surround sound speaker system or soundbar? Boost lets you enjoy a fully immersive audio experience with Dolby Digital 5.1.
- An extra stream: Another handy benefit is that you get to stream on 3 devices at the same time. Perfect for families that can’t agree on what to watch!
Keep in mindYou’ll need a minimum internet speed of 12Mbps to stream in 1080p.
How do I get NOW Boost?
Already a NOW Member?
To add Boost, just head over to the NOW Membership area of My Account, and select Start free trial (or Add Boost if you’ve only got Sports Day Membership).
(If you pay for your membership through BT and your TV package doesn't include Boost, it's easy to add it in My Account in the same way. The cost will be added to your monthly BT bill.)
Keep in mindYou won’t be able to get NOW Boost if you’ve only got Sports Mobile Membership.
New to NOW?
You'll need to head over to NOWTV.com/membership and choose a membership first. You might see the option to add Boost as you check out, but if not, once you've created your account you can add it by going to the NOW Membership area of My Account.
- A device that supports Boost (see the list below)
- An HD TV
- Any NOW Membership except Sports Mobile Membership (Note that there's limited hayu and Kids content available in full 1080p HD with surround sound)
- A minimum internet speed of 12Mbps
- Dolby digital 5.1 surround sound speakers or sound bar, for the optimal audio experience.
You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of Boost:
- NOW Smart Stick
- Any NOW Box
- Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
- Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen (2019)
- Amazon Fire TV Edition – JVC 4K (2019) & HD/FHD (2020), Technika/Bush 4K (2020)
- Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
- A supported Samsung TV
- Sony TV (most models from 2016)
- Xbox One (50fps not currently available)
- Xbox Series X & S (50fps not currently available)
- Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound not supported on Apple TV)
- YouView (including TalkTalk & BT boxes)
- LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available)
- JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV
- Chromecast Ultra or 3rd generation (note that 1st and 2nd generation Chromecast devices are not supported. See the image below if you're not sure what generation your Chromecast is.)
Help tipIf you're using Chromecast with iOS, you'll need to have the latest version of the NOW app to enjoy Boost.
No. Boost isn't available on any of the following devices that you can watch NOW on:
- iOS or Android mobile devices
- Roku devices other than Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
- Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation
- Chromecast 1st or 2nd generation.
We're always looking to make Boost available on more devices, so check back regularly to see if your favourite device is supported.
You can watch all of the following in 1080p with Boost:
- All the Sky Sports channels and on-demand content – plus, you can watch Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf at 50fps
- All the live Sky Cinema channels, plus all on-demand movies
- All the live Entertainment channels, plus selected box sets
- All the live Kids channels except Cartoonito and Nicktoons, which aren’t in HD, plus limited on-demand kids' episodes
- A limited selection of hayu box sets.
Yes, you can. The extra streaming allowance you get with Boost applies across all devices, not just the ones that support HD and surround sound.
Once you’ve got NOW Boost, if a show is available in HD you’ll be able to see the HD and 5.1 symbols next to it:
Most new shows and movies we add to the Entertainment and Cinema Membership will be available in HD, and we’ll be working hard to upgrade what’s already there, too, so keep checking back to see if the show you want is in HD yet.
If you’re already a member, you can start a free 7-day trial of Boost whenever you fancy. Just head over to the NOW Membership area of My Account, and select Start free trial.
If you’ve only got Sports Day Membership, you won’t be eligible for a free trial but you can add Boost for just £3 a month. Head to NOW Membership and hit the Add Boost button.
Keep in mindYou won’t be able to get Boost if you’ve only got Sports Mobile Membership.
If you've got a soundbar or surround sound system, you'll just need to make sure your device is set up correctly to benefit from Dolby Digital 5.1 sound quality. Find out how to adjust your audio settings
If you've added Boost via our website, your account could take up to 4 hours to reflect the fact that you've added it. To get around this, you can trigger your account to update by signing out of the NOW app and signing back in again.
If you added Boost via your Smart Stick, Box, smart TV, PlayStation or Xbox, your account will update straight away and you won't need to do anything.
That depends on what type of membership you’ve got.
As long as you’ve got an active monthly membership, your Boost will renew automatically each month unless you cancel it. You can cancel at any time in exactly the same way as you’d cancel your membership, by going to NOW Membership.
If you’ve only got Sports Day Membership, your Boost will only run for one month, and won’t auto renew – so you don’t need to remember to cancel it.
If you cancel your last monthly membership (unless it’s one you pay for through iTunes), we’ll automatically cancel your Boost for you as well.
If you are billed by iTunes and you cancel your last monthly membership, you'll need to remember to cancel your Boost with Apple as well.