How does Broadband Buddy help keep my kids safe online?
NOW Broadband Buddy is available free for all NOW Broadband and NOW TV Combo customers, and gives you:
- Control over which websites your family can access and when, on all devices connected to broadband.
- Protection from phishing websites that try to collect your private information.
- Security against malware-infected websites that can damage your computer and other devices.
Already got NOW Broadband?
View or change your Broadband Buddy settings at any time in My Account.
|NOW TV is a supporter of Internet Matters, a not-for-profit organisation that has a simple purpose – to help keep children safe in the digital world.|
Key features include:
- Three age rating settings for website access:
- PG: Suitable for everyone
- 13: Suitable for teens and older
- 18: Suitable for adults only
- Custom settings that let you block or allow specific websites or website categories.
- Grown up browsing time – automatically switch the 18 age rating on and off at a specific time each day.
- Protection against malware-infected websites, containing viruses that can infect your device.
- Protection against phishing websites that attempt to collect private information without your permission.
Broadband Buddy is available to all NOW Broadband and NOW TV Combo customers at no extra cost. It's not available with any other broadband providers, and you won’t be protected by Broadband Buddy if you change to another provider.
Keep in mindBroadband Buddy won’t work if you’re browsing with a mobile broadband connection, such as 3G or 4G.
Broadband Buddy allows you to quickly and easily set the level of online protection you want for your family on all devices connected to your broadband network. This means you don’t need to change the settings on your devices individually.
Do I still need antivirus software?
Broadband Buddy is not a replacement for your existing antivirus software.
We recommend using Broadband Buddy alongside antivirus software to make sure your broadband is fully secure.
Set up a Parental PIN
A Parental PIN is required to watch most live Sky Cinema channels, whatever the age rating of the movie you want to watch, and some live channels on the Entertainment Pass too.
More infoWhat is a Parental PIN?
To set a Parental PIN for across any other NOW TV Passes, head to Settings & PINs. Then simply choose the right age rating for your family and select Set rating.
When that’s done, you’ll need to enter your Parental PIN before watching any movie or show with a rating higher than the one you’ve set.
Turn on the screen lock
If you’ve got a Kids Month Pass, you can also activate the screen lock on a smartphone or tablet to make sure your kids don’t find any shows that aren’t suitable for them.
Just tap the padlock icon when the show starts to lock the screen.
More infoNOW TV Kids Month Pass
Internet Matters offer parents the best advice available on tackling online safety issues. Supported by leading child online safety experts, they're passionate about keeping your children safe online.
Internet Matters are there to help you make the right decisions for you and your family. Whether you’re looking for information for the first time, or just want to keep up with the latest guidance, their website has everything you need to help make your children’s online life fulfilling, fun and above all, safe.
Head to www.internetmatters.org for more info.