What is NOW Broadband Buddy?
NOW Broadband Buddy helps keep you and your family safe online, and is available free for all NOW Broadband and NOW TV Combo customers.
Broadband Buddy allows you to control what websites your family can access and when, on all devices connected to broadband.
It also helps protect against phishing websites that try to collect your private information, and malware-infected websites that can damage your computer and other devices.
Handy tipView or change your Broadband Buddy settings at any time in the Parental controls section of My Account.
Key features include:
- Three age rating settings for website access:
- PG: Suitable for everyone
- 13: Suitable for teens and older
- 18: Suitable for adults only
- Custom settings that let you block or allow specific websites or website categories.
- Grown up browsing time – automatically switch the 18 age rating on and off at a specific time each day.
- Protection against malware-infected websites, containing viruses that can infect your device.
- Protection against phishing websites that attempt to collect private information without your permission.
Broadband Buddy is available to all NOW Broadband and NOW TV Combo customers at no extra cost. It's not available with any other broadband providers, and you won’t be protected by Broadband Buddy if you change to another provider.
Keep in mindBroadband Buddy won’t work if you’re browsing with a mobile broadband connection, such as 3G or 4G.
Broadband Buddy allows you to quickly and easily set the level of online protection you want for your family on all devices connected to your broadband network. This means you don’t need to change the settings on your devices individually.
Do I still need antivirus software?
Broadband Buddy is not a replacement for your existing antivirus software.
We recommend using Broadband Buddy alongside antivirus software to make sure your broadband is fully secure.