What phone extras or call features can I get?
Your NOW Calls service comes with a bunch of extras included for free, plus optional extras available for just £1 a month.
Extras included for free
- 141 number withhold: Keep your number hidden – just dial 141 first.
- 1471 last number recall: Simply dial 1471 to find out who called you last.
- 1475 last caller deletion: Remove the last caller from your 1471 list.
- Caller display: Check who’s calling before you answer the phone. You’ll see either the number of the person calling or their name if you’ve added them to your address book.
Keep in mind If the caller’s number isn’t showing up, it might be because they’ve chosen to withhold their number.
Optional free extras
To activate any optional extras, just head to Change phone extras and give us a call on the number displayed.
- Auto number withhold: You can hide your number every time you make a call.
- 1470 withheld number override: Is your number automatically withheld? Dial 1470 first to show your number to the person you’re calling.
Extras for just £1 a month each
To add any of these extras, go to Change phone extras and give us a call on the number displayed.
If the caller's withholding their number, they won't get through to you.
How to reject anonymous calls
Dial star (*), 2, 2, 7, hash (#).
You'll hear the message "callers who withhold their number will not be able to phone you" or a single, long, high-pitched tone to confirm anonymous caller reject is switched on.
Check if anonymous call rejection is switched on
Dial star (*), hash (#), 2, 2, 7, hash (#).
If you hear a confirmation message or a single, long, high-pitched tone then the feature is switched on.
If you hear a lower, intermittent tone, this means the feature is turned off.
Cancelling anonymous call rejection
Dial hash (#), 2, 2, 7, hash (#).
You'll hear the message "callers who withhold their number will be able to phone you" or a single, long, high-pitched tone to confirm anonymous caller reject has been switched off.
Just dial 1571 to see if anyone left you a voicemail while you were out or on another call.
You’ll hear an intermittent dial tone if any messages are waiting for you. Just press 0 to return the call after you’ve listened to the message (there's a 20p charge).
You can save or delete voicemail messages after listening to them. Messages will be saved for 20 days.
Keep in mind Messages you haven’t listened to will be deleted after 30 days.