Troubleshooting for the NOW TV Box
Most NOW TV Box issues can be fixed by trying out some of the steps below. Keep checking if your problem is resolved after each step. If it is, you won’t need to go any further.
- Unplug both your wireless router and NOW TV Box.
- Wait a few minutes. Then plug your router back in first, followed by your NOW TV Box.
You won’t need to set up your box after doing this. Just head over to the main menu and try the NOW TV app again.
Check that your NOW TV Box is plugged in first. This will return the box to its default factory settings.
- Locate the RESET hole at the back.
- Push a pin into the hole, and hold it down for about 30 seconds until the box resets.
- Are there only one or two bars showing on your Wi-Fi network icon? If so, try moving your NOW TV Box and/or router to make your connection stronger.
- Make sure there are no serious obstructions like cement walls between your NOW TV Box and your router.
- Check the correct router is selected on the 'Choose wireless network' screen.
- Is your Wi-Fi network password entered correctly? Remember, passwords are case sensitive.
- Have you turned off ‘SSID broadcasting’ on your router? If so, you’ll need to add your network from the 'Select Wireless Network' screen by selecting Add Network.
- Try reconnecting with your router’s security turned off – this setting can sometimes interrupt the connection.
Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box could improve your picture quality.
- Press these buttons on your remote control:
Fast Forward x2
Depending on where your NOW TV Box is located, you may notice an improvement if you reposition it. Simply move it closer to your wireless router and check if that makes a difference.
This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.
- Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:
Fast Forward x3
- Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
- Press OK, even if you already have the latest version.