‘Something went wrong’ error on NOW TV Player
Close the Player and try watching againClick the red X in the top corner of the Player to close it. Then go back to the NOW TV site and click play again on the show, movie or sporting event you were trying to watch. This will often fix the issue.
Reinstall the Player
If the above doesn’t work, follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the Player:
- Click the X in the top corner of the Player to close it.
- If you're on a Mac: Go to where you’ve installed the Player (e.g. Applications). Find the NOW TV Player and drop it into your Trash can. If you're on Windows: Go to Control Panel and then Programs and Features. Find the NOW TV Player application, select it, and click Uninstall.
- Go to the browser you used to download the Player, and clear the cookies from your browsing history. (If you don’t want to clear all your cookies, then just find the nowtvPlayerInstalled cookie and delete it.)
- Go back to the NOW TV site and try playing the show, movie or sporting event you were trying to watch again. This will trigger the Player to download again.
- Once you've downloaded and reinstalled the Player, you should be able to play your show.
Reset your router
You can also try resetting your wireless router – this may solve the problem, especially if you're getting the error VGC-4253024360:4280287235.
If you’re still seeing an error message, make a note of the error code (e.g. p1000) and contact us by selecting the Get in touch button on this page.
Seeing error p20003, 9303 or 20004?
Follow these steps if you're getting the error p20003:
- Open Add or Remove Programs (Windows 7) or Programs & Features (Windows 8, Windows 10) via the Start menu.
- Find the NOW TV Player and Cisco VideoGuard applications, and select Uninstall on each.
- Open the File Explorer application via the Start menu.
- In the search field at the top of the window, enter %appdata%\NOW TV, and hit enter.
- Right-click on the NOW TV Player folder and select Delete.
- Sign in to the NOW TV website.
- Clear the cookies from your browsing history (if you don’t want to clear all cookies, then find the nowtvPlayerInstalled cookie and delete it).
- Find a show or movie to watch, select play, and download and install the NOW TV Player application.
You might see the error 9303 if you've been watching continuously for an extended period. To fix it, simply sign out of your account and sign in again.
The error 20004 indicates a buffering problem. To resolve it, reset your router and check your internet speed.