How to set up a Parental PIN for Apple TV
Are you being asked to enter a Parental PIN when you try to watch live channels?
That's because a Parental PIN is mandatory to watch most live Sky Cinema channels (except Family), and 3 Entertainment channels (Sky Atlantic, Sky Comedy and Sky Documentaries), between 5.30am and 9pm.
If you don't have a NOW account yet because you've been subscribing via iTunes, here's how to join NOW and set up your PIN.
We're switching off our old app on 27 May
From 27 May 2021, we're switching off the old NOW app for Apple TV. If you're using this app, look out for an email from us with more info.
If you've been paying for your NOW Membership through iTunes up until now, your subscription will automatically be cancelled. To continue watching (on the new Apple TV app or another device), you'll need to create a NOW account. Find out more
Step 1: Create a NOW account
- Head over to NOWTV.com and choose a membership.
- Enter your details, including payment info, to complete your sign-up.
Step 2: Set up a Parental PIN
Now that you’ve got a NOW account, you can set up your PIN in just a few clicks:
- Go to the Settings & PINs area of My Account
- Select Set up Parental PIN
- Enter your PIN, confirm your password and Save PIN
- All certificates will be selected as your default age rating. To choose a different rating, just select Change settings.
Keep in mindYou’ll be asked to enter your Parental PIN when you watch any live Sky Cinema or Entertainment channel, even if you’ve got your PIN switched off, and regardless of the age rating of the show or movie being aired.