How do I get Silverlight for Windows?
It’s easy to watch NOW TV on your Windows PC using Silverlight – you just need Windows 7 or later and a supported browser. We’ll help you get started and give you troubleshooting tips along the way.
With Windows 8 or above, simply download the NOW TV app. Skip to the Windows 8 section below to find out how.
Make sure one of these is installed on your computer before trying to watch NOW TV:
|Microsoft Internet Explorer|
Head over to the Microsoft Windows download page for Internet Explorer 11.
|Mozilla Firefox v51 or earlier|
Please note: Firefox versions 52 and later don't support Silverlight. So if you've upgraded, you'll need to watch with the NOW TV Player instead of Silverlight - or switch to IE.
Browsers that no longer work with NOW TV
- Google Chrome - Google Chrome no longer works with Microsoft Silverlight, so it can’t be used to watch NOW TV.
- Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) - This older version of Internet Explorer gives a poor NOW TV experience. That’s why we recommend the latest version.
- Find the browser file. It’s either in your Downloads folder or will appear as a downloaded item in the browser you’re using.
- Double-click on the file and follow the steps shown to install it.
- Once it’s installed, you may need to restart your PC or laptop as a final step.
There are two ways to watch NOW TV on Windows 8 or above:
- The easiest way is to simply download the NOW TV app from the Windows App Store. (Just be aware that there’s no Snap Mode available on the NOW TV Windows app.)
- You could also install a supported web browser and Microsoft Silverlight – following the steps above.
Using Windows 8.1?
If you have Windows 8.1, you can watch through either Mozilla Firefox or the NOW TV app. At the moment, IE11 can’t be used to watch NOW TV on the 8.1 operating system.
Avoid taking up 2 of your 4 devices
It’s best to pick either the app or a browser to watch NOW TV on – because each will count as 1 of your devices.