Error code 014 - Can't connect NOW TV Box or Smart Stick to Wi-Fi
Press these buttons quickly on your remote control:
Fast Forward x1
Fast Forward x1
Step 2:This will take you to the Platform Secret Screen.
- If you have a black NOW TV Box or a NOW TV Smart Stick, select Systems Operations Menu and then Disable Network Pings.
- If you have a white NOW TV Box, just select Disable Network Pings.
Press ← on your NOW TV remote until you reach the Connection Setup screen, and try connecting to your network again.
If the steps don't work, reset your device, then try to connect to your wireless network again.
Following steps 1 and 2 above to disable network pings on your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick will normally resolve any connection problems. But if you're still having trouble connecting, you can try enabling pings on your Virgin Media router.
To do this:
- First, re-enable pings on your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick by following steps 1 and 2 above but selecting Enable Network Pings (instead of Disable).
- On your PC, laptop or Mac, open a new browser window and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
- Enter the default login details (unless you've changed them): Username – admin, Password – changeme
- Go to the Advanced Settings link at the bottom of the page and under the Advanced sub-menu, select Ping.
- Make sure the tick box is checked for Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP, then select Apply.
- Scan for your wireless network and try to connect your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick as normal.
If this doesn't work, you could also try these fixes:
Set up a guest network on your Virgin Superhub
Sometimes setting up a separate guest network through your router can allow you to connect up your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick while you're setting it up.
If you're not sure how to do this, you'll need to contact Virgin for further support.
Connect with Ethernet
If you have a black NOW TV Box, try connecting it to your router using an Ethernet cable to see if this resolves the issue.