How to fix black screen on Windows PC
If you’re trying to watch NOW TV and you’re seeing a black playback window or a black window with a white pop-up box, you may need to change your Silverlight settings.
There are several fixes you could try. Give the first one a go and try watching NOW TV again. If the issue isn’t fixed, try the next one… and so on.
Microsoft has a handy Silverlight Fix It Tool that can help resolve problems with your installation.
1. Use the search bar in your Start Menu to find Silverlight.
2. Open Silverlight, go to Application Storage and remove all entries from the list shown. Also tick the Enable application checkbox.
3. Next, make sure the first box on the Playback tab is checked, and uncheck the last box. If the option is greyed out, you may not have admin rights. Some company computers have restrictions that don’t allow you to watch streaming videos.
4. Once you’re done, restart your PC for the changes to take effect and try watching NOW TV again
From Tools in the top right (shown as a ‘gear’), go to Manage add-ons. In the pop-up window, select Tools and Extensions (under Add-on Types). Scroll down to Microsoft Corporation, select Microsoft Silverlight and click Enable.
If the Disable button is shown, Silverlight is already activated.
Find Tools in the top right (shown as three horizontal lines). Go to Add-ons, then Plugins. Scroll to Silverlight Plug-in and select Always Activate.
Please note: The latest version of Firefox (v52) doesn't support Silverlight. If you've upgraded your browser to this version, we recommend you either switch to using IE for the time being, or watch with the NOW TV Player instead.
1. Before you start, close all your browser windows.
2. From your Windows Start menu, go to ‘Computer’.
3. Copy and paste the following into the address bar: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady
4. This opens up a file named: mspr.hds
5. Right-click on the file and rename it: mspr.hds.old
6. Wait a couple of minutes for your changes to take effect, then sign in to your NOW TV account and try watching again.