NOW TV poor streaming quality on Mac
If you’re watching NOW TV on a Mac using Microsoft Silverlight and you're worried that you’re not getting the best possible picture quality, there’s an easy way to check:
- Sign in to your NOW TV account.
- Select any movie, entertainment or sporting event to watch.
- Wait at least 30 seconds after the programme starts, then roll over the playback window.
- Between the time and volume symbols, you’ll see the word MAX.
If the MAX symbol is white, you’re watching NOW at the maximum picture quality.
If the MAX symbol is blue it shows that your picture quality could be improved. If using Wi-Fi or broadband, you’ll need a speed of at least 2.5Mbps for the best NOW TV picture quality. Use one of these websites to check your internet connection speed:
Poor picture in full-screen mode
Do you only see poor picture quality when in full screen mode on your Mac? Following these simple steps will help improve it:
- Make sure you’re watching something on NOW TV in full screen.
- Press Control and bring up Desktop Management.
- Drag your web browser to a new window, so it’s on a separate desktop.
And that’s it. Your picture quality should be much better. If you’re stuck, get in touch below for more help.